Tuesday, October 14, 2008

FINALLY I'M ONLINE/ STEVEN WILLIAMS

WASSUP

Call me Mr. Tibbs, no my name is Steven I am probably the youngest salt and pepper moustache man in the class, but don’t I look Fantabulouslol. I decided four years to go back to school and finally transferred to UCLA as a junior. My major is Sociology and I guess I wanna help folk who have lots of money…LOL. No, I really want to use my experience and education to encourage our youth to continue their higher education. With staggering drop out rates above 45% it is important to me to challenge the youth of today and tomorrow. I started a non profit several years ago that targets troubled youth. I have assembled celebrity and professional panels that go into the inner city schools and speak to teens. I have been blessed to have participants like Edward J. Olmos, Regina King, Tichina Arnold, Ray Santiago, Tiny Lestor and executive director of the California African American Museum, Charmaine Jefferson to speak on diverse panels.I am a movie buff and enjoy all types of cinema and especially a dramatic piece. I try to support the independence film festivals like Out fest and the African American Film Festival. Last year I had the responsibility of promoting American Gangster for Universal Pictures at NABJ (National Association for Black Journalist). I am looking forward to learning more about Queer cinema.
October 5, 2008 11:37 PM

No comments: