Monday, October 6, 2008

Hey Everyone!

So it's already week 2 of 10 weeks this fall quarter! Isn't it amazing how quickly time passes by? We all just have to sit tight for another 8 weeks 3 days 12 hours 52 minutes 32 seconds and counting... until winter break! Oh, pardon me. I forgot to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Tony...the arrogant looking guy =) who usually sits in the first seat of the third row in class...that is, when i'm not running late. Otherwise, I'd be sitting at the back of the class with feelings of utter disgrace and shame. I have a thing for odd numbers. I don't know why, but I just do. Anyway, this is my first quarter as a junior level transfer student from Pasadena City College to the oh-so-wonderful, not to mention prestigious UCLA! I'm so thrilled :/ !
I am one of a few male students (sadly) majoring in psychology with a minor in public health and a prospective pharmacy student sometime in the near future. I was born in the serene Pacific Northwest, but raised in the beautiful, traffic-ridden state of (Southern) California for as long as I can remember. Thus, I consider myself to be more of a Californian than an Oregonian. Currently, I am employed as a part-time stylist and a visuals assistant for a subsidiary of Polo Ralph Lauren.
Hmmm...why am I taking LGBTS 187? Good question. I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm an avid surveyor of gay cinema. With respect to my favorite gay films, it would probably have to be Eternal Summer (Taiwan), No Regret (Korea), and Come Undone (France). Actually, I enjoy watching movies of various genres to be honest, though I do tend to watch foriegn and independent films more favoribly. I guess that's why I'm taking this course...to explore the theory and messages behind queer cinema.
Nothwithstanding, I look forward to a successful transition to UCLA, and I hope to meet all of you guys and gals formally in class. Study Hard! Oh yea, should you need to contact me to discuss about the course, my email is clubmonacotk@yahoo.com

No comments: