Saturday, October 4, 2008

hello yall!

my name is panpan. I am a 3rd year international art student at ucla. Most of my art involves a strong gay sensabillity where I used my experiences to fuel my artistic pratices. My concentration is drawing and sculpture. if anyone is interested they can see my work on facebook albums under artness!

Im currently working on a ceramics piece that deals with gay sexuality and culture and would love to put it on facebook once it is done.

i am also on facebook under Pan pan Narkprasert, long last name because im thai and half taiwanese. my email is panpan@ucla.edu

I recently watched Paris is Burning and thought the idea of having the ball as a place for an escape from the real world was beautiful yet sad at the same time that they are limited to express themselves only at a specific place and not just anywhere. It reminded me alot of America's Next Top Model, the way the they worked it!

I also loveed the musical wicked and saw it twice in the last 2 months, both times i was lucky and got the lottery ticket. my favorite queer film is beautiful thing 1995 by hettie macdonald, the film was so impactful and relatable to my own gayhood, coming out and all.

i took lgbt137 and women studies 136 and loved it so i wanted to further my interest in queer studies by taking this class. overall, i am quite new to queer films besides from mainstream queer films and so i am excited to expeirience more films of this genre.

2 comments:

Gunther said...

i need to go to see Wicked so bad! you were lucky to get the lottery tickets!
im also waiting for Rent to come next march.

panpan said...

omg its there for only one month! u neeeed to see it! the last scene of the first act made me cried! omg... and oh the chances of winning the tickets are really high cause i went twice and won them both timesss.