Sunday, October 5, 2008

My name is Ashley. I am 25 years-old and a senior majoring in Political Science. I had to take some time away from school, so I am just getting back into the swing of all of this. My sexual orientation is somewhere in the happy middle (I can get into a long argument about the connotations attached to the term bisexual, but...)

I grew up Southern Baptist in a state where the Klan still has rallies. When I was a kid, all of us who were too weird to fit in--for whatever reason--tended to band together. Queer films were a big part of that. We all tended to live in the subtext. I grew up queering the text of films, though I would never have known to call it that. I almost feel, strange as it is, that this course is going back to my roots. (Please insert embarrassed laugh.)

Well--Hi!

My e-mail is alstratton@verizon.net.

No comments: