Thursday, October 9, 2008

lagging..

I am probably the last person to post an introductory post, and I feel like my post is going to mess up the flow of things on this board... but oh well! My name is Cindy Mai and I'm a political science major (concentration on theory), LGBTS minor. I actually attended a screening of Professor Dunye's Watermelon Woman at Outfest a year or two ago and when I saw that she was teaching a class at UCLA, I absolutely had to take it (and admittedly, it also fulfills an LGBTS requirement).

I was (am) a bit intimidated about this class because I feel relatively green when it comes to my exposure to and knowledge of queer films. The only ones that I'm familiar with are ones that I watched while in a funk after a terrible breakup (Fingersmith, Saving Face, Fucking Amal...).

Ok! Well, I look forward to the class very much.

No comments: