Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hola!

Hello everyone
My name is Gunther, I'm an exchange student here at UCLA. Im majoring in Business Econ and minoring in Media/Communication at my university back in Chile.
I've enjoyed the 2 weeks I've been here very much, and a big part of it has had to do with this class and UCLA in general. I feel like I'm at a "real" university where diversity is valued and different fields of study are respected (correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my impression so far...) I can't imagine my university in Chile having this kind of classes (not even Women Studies), it's a catholic university. Don't get me wrong, it's a great school academically speaking but it lacks of the openness to diversity that I expect, so looking for that I decided to study abroad for a semester (2 quarters here).
I think this class is a great opportunity for me to learn more about queer culture and about myself. I have a friend in Chile that came to UCLA a year or so ago and she took a class in lgbt studies and she loved it and recommended me to take one as well.
I really love the entertainment industry and mass media and I also love men, so why not mix it all together and attend Queer Film and Tv Historyexperience in this field? not really... or not that I can remember :)
Im looking forward to having a great time with all of you, contribute to the class and learn as much as I can about film, history and people.
I'm always on facebook so that's the best way to reach me, look me up under gkaempfe@ucla.edu






1 comment:

Angelica said...

oh wow you're from Chile? My dad is actually from Chile too!