Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Intro

Oh my.... I'm a little late to this blog "party", but better late than never right??
So, my name's Doug and this is my first quarter at UCLA. I just transferred here after spending two years at Santa Barbara City College. I'm originally from Pennsylvania, about 45 minutes south of Philadelphia. I'm really enjoying it out here in CA and am definitely glad that I moved here!
I'm still technically a Political Science major, but I'm switching to International Development Studies. It's been a little bit of a frustrating switch, since I need to have 6 quarters worth of a foreign language before I can official become an IDS major... So, now I'm just waiting for the results of my French placement exam and crossing my fingers that I retained at least SOME of the French that I learned in high school.... (I don't have too high hopes for that)

I'm excited for this class.. I don't really know much about queer cinema, so I am definitely ready to learn and watch some great films! Furthermore, since I only came out about a year ago, it's about time that I start learning more about queer culture. So, I thought what better place to start than queer cinema?

Oh, and you can find me on facebook through my email address - dougie9989@yahoo.com .

No comments: