Sunday, October 5, 2008

hello

hi my name is patrick. this is my first quarter at ucla as an art major. i just transferred from citrus community college in glendora but i am originally from claremont, which i am starting to realize is a place not too many people are familiar with because no one seems to know where it is other than the fact that it's east of pasadena.
i've always been into queer film but i started getting really into it when i had a netflix account. it allowed me to explore the many subgenres of queer film from the french to spanish to documentaries to indies, etc.(best year of my life! i swear) my favorties have been the foreign/independent ones, like bad education, before night falls, come undone, shortbus, etc. etc. and the list goes on. (and if you haven't seen any of those i highly recommend that you do!) i am excited to take this class because american queer film isn't something that ive had a chance to really explore and i think that this class will help me do so. queer film has always played an important role in my life because i like watching films where i can relate to the characters, even though the their experience may not necessarily resemble my own.
anyways,
you can check my facebook out if you like: pdarole@ucla.edu
or you can visit my myspace at: www.myspace.com/191431
or you can say visit me at my work (american apparel) right in westwood village.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha i know where claremont is! and its ok, i know how you feel. no one seems to know where rowland heights is either.