Monday, October 13, 2008

You can't get to Heaven in your Sunday Best!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it took me so long to post about me but here I go. My name is Jeremiah Garcia and I am a fifth year Studio Art Major, LGBT Studies Minor. I am also Part of USAC, aka Student Government. I am currently applying for a public policy internship for when I graduate and am also looking at doing a masters in the peace core program in environmental engineering. I work over at Covel Commons doing Safety and Security stuff for Hospitality and Housing Services. As for a life, right now I don't have much of one since work, class and extra-cirriculars consume my being :( In my off time I like to relax, wathc TV and movies and chill with friends. Right now I am obssessed with taudry shows like Sordid Lives on Logo and Skins on BBC America. I am currently in the midst of quiting smoking cigarettes but it with my stress level it has proven a little more difficult than it was during summer. I commute to school fomr Fairfax and Adams off the 10 freeway Traffic is a pain but the cost of rent and having my own room in a house make it totally worth it.

I love queer represntaiton in the media nad my roommates sometimes get mad at me cause I pretty much only watch Logo or shows with Queer Content. I have been involved with the Queer Community at UCLA since my second year, I get kinda sad because there is a large population of LGBTQ students on campus but very few are invovled on/off campus in making making change locally, nationally and globally for the bettering of people... but I think it is on the up and up and people are slowly and stadily getting involved and giving back.

Well..... I look forward to meeting everyone and having a fun class. Woot.

No comments: